Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The power of words - by Lena

Hi All, I'm working on a piece that includes painting, stamping and collage and I was staring at it intently, trying to work out why it just wasn't working for me. The colours and shapes weren't talking to each other as I intended. What to do? I picked up a gold gel pen and thought "What the heck, I'll write some words on it". So I did, and guess what? It immediately looked happy and finished. Yay! I haven't used words in my work that often but I'll certainly consider doing it in the future after this little experience. The power of words, eh? It seems that they're powerful in many different contexts. Who'd have thought? Avidly creating with pen in hand, Lena

1 comment:

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Lena, let's see it! Don't be shy, upload it! xx