Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Keith's blog by Lena

The best ever workshop I've been to was with Keith LoBue in Rockhampton last year. He's an extraordinary assembler of found objects into beautiful art pieces and a generous spirit. He taught us anything and everything about tools and how to connect different materials together (and when to know not to bother to even try). Since then I've been using the things he taught almost every day and I'll never abuse my cordless drill again. He recently started a blog in which to share his creative process. I've put the link up in the favourite blogs list. Check it out. The beautiful area I set up for working in at home has been trashed. Sigh! In the first instance I had to shift things for the painter to do his thing, then I had a water leak that destroyed some of my paper and card stock and forced me to lift everything off the floor. I have just two months to get it back into working order so that I can finish some altered books for an Avid Divas meeting at my place in February. The painting was related to a renovation we've just finished and I'm now so busy restoring things to their proper place that I can't really do any serious art work. I'm feeling very unhappy about that but I guess the time will come when all will be in balance again.

1 comment:

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Hi Lena - the re-organising will be good for the energy of your space. Creating space for the new.
Our hot water system broke and leaked in our garage earlier this year, and all over my art folio. I know what it's like!